Saturday, April 5, 2008

Am I Chicken Little?

So if I remember right, in one version of the old fable, Chicken Little is actually right about the sky falling. In this real world case I would like you to look back at my February blog, The Hole in Health Care Reform and then take a few minutes to read this NY Times article about the current health care situation in Massachussetts:


In Massachusetts, Universal Coverage Strains Care by Kevin Sack.

If you are really bored you should take some time to review the testimony from the February 12th hearing of the U.S. Senate Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions (HELP) committee. In short, the same thing will happen nationwide as is happening in Massachussetts if we get the 47 million Americans insured by EITHER universal health care or free market. The title of the hearing was:

"Addressing Healthcare Workforce Issues for the Future"


I still believe in Universal Health Care variants that provide a government operated OPTION to compete with private health care insurers, but we do have to address the health care provider shortage. I certainly am saddened that there may now be true and significant examples to validate my fears from my original blog.

No comments: